Background

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Melissa and Doug...you shouldn't have!!!

For those of you who don't know...Melissa and Doug is a company that makes many wonderful wooden, and creativity enhancing toys! I'm a HUGE fan! Wooden toys are just fantastic and if we had no fisher price bright, flashy, noisy toys in our house I sure wouldn't be sad!

Anyways...A few weeks ago Kallen and Kynlee received a little "after Christmas" surprise...a play kitchen...wooden of course! They just can't get enough. Well, imagine their surprise when the mailman dropped of a box from amazon.com filled with Melissa and Doug food. One set of "food groups", and one set of "cutting fruits and vegetables". The kids LOVE them, and I love hearing their chatter as they "cook dinner".

"Here sissy...put this carrot back together so I can cut it for the soup"
"No Kally...no touch...mine"

Okay, so it isn't always joyous, but they are having a good time and sharing rather nicely...for the most part!

Blessings,

4 comments:

Erin said...

how fun! I know Oliver would love that if we had more room! He got some great puzzle boards and the best crayons for xmas, he has to "draw" every day now (though he still prefers to eat them!)
another great thing about melissa and doug...No BATTERIES!!

Lani said...

I'm with Erin! NO BATTERIES! Ugh! I love this! I might have to check that out and figure out a way to fit one in our place!

M said...

Cute!!! I love the picture of both of them looking up at you--priceless!

M said...

Forgot to mention you are my hero for doing SS on your own today!!!! WAY TO GO!!! LOVE YOU!!