Background

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Surf's Up!

For as far back as I can remember, Memorial weekend has always been a big "todo" in our family! We didn't plan things that weekend, nor did we attend other peoples plans! Our Memorial weekends, rain or shine, were always spent with the family at good ol' Triangle Lake! It has always been the "start" of our summer, if you will, and always a date on the calendar I looked forward to! When Kevin and I started our lives together, we too continued on the tradition and made our Memorial Weekends at "The Lake", a regular thing!

Well, not this year! Actually, the Holiday weekend kind of snuck up on us, and before we knew it, it was Friday afternoon, and we had no plans! Instead of rushing to get things together, we compromised on a day at the lake instead of the whole weekend. It definitely wasn't the same, but we got our "lake" fix, none the less! So Happy Summer to you all!!!

Kynz enjoying some yogurt!

Trying to put her swimsuit on...without help of course! Probably the funniest thing you've ever seen!!!
Not quite babe...but close!
Kal's "What do you want mom", look
Getting ready to surf with daddy!
Not a happy camper! He actually screamed bloody murder until I said "smile Kallen"...
...to which he stopped crying instantly and posed for the camera...
...only to continue crying.
Surf's up dude!
copy cat
Bapa and Sissy!
and this pretty much sums up my day! Ahhhh, the lake!
Blessings,

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog today..Love your pictures. I am still finding my way around blogland....
I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.