Background

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Grass is Always Greener

As I sit and look out my window and the flattened grass and miscellaneous scattered puddles left over from last nights rain, I can only hope that our sun comes back. Is this Oregon weather...indeed...is this why I'm not a huge fan of living in Oregon...indeed! I'm a sun girl...truly a sun girl, and I'm pretty sure I could live in 100 degree weather year round and be content (with AC in my house of course!). My kids however don't share my same passion for the heat and back a few weeks ago when our lovely Oregon weather had record highs...they were miserable. I'll give it to them, that it was a little bit of a bummer that they just couldn't go outside and play, play, play, because it truly was too hot...but I sure thought it was fantastic!!! Anyways...for their sake, I was begging for at least a slight drop in temperature so the kiddos didn't have to be so "housebound".

Since we weren't getting the reprieve that we were hoping for...we opted for a day at the coast instead! I'm still amazed that in a 40 mile drive, the temperature outside could drop 40 degrees...but it did, and we enjoyed the break!


Blessings,

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful photos! I'm up in Canada, and we've had a record cold summer here!

Erin said...

looks like you went to the coast the same day as us...