Background

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Maybe in Africa


As I was searching in the fridge for some veggies last night, I put the wonderful farmers market corn on the cob we have, on the counter in order to access what was underneath. Well...Little to my knowledge, one of those ears was home to a little green caterpillar and the moving and jostling in and out of the fridge made it fall from it's home, and land on my counter top.

I normally would have tossed the little inhabitant outside, washed my hands, and went on with my cooking...but Kallen was having a rather whiney, complainy, "man it's hard being 2" kind of an afternoon, so I decided to give him the little caterpillar, to take outside and do with as he may!

I called him over, picked the little guy off the counter and told him to take it outside. Without missing a beat, in a very confused and concerned state of mind, he put the pillar on his arm, and looked at me and said..."mommy...why you cooking caterpillar for dinner?"

Blessings,

No comments: