Background

Monday, November 10, 2008

It Happens...

...our kids get older. People tell you that they don't stay little for long, and to cherish the time when they are young, and we all respond with "uh huh", and go on our merry way of hopping and praying for the day that the whining stops and they become self sufficient.

Well...Kallen turned 3 on Saturday, and the reality of the words I've heard so many times, is finally starting to sink in. 3...are you kidding me! How is he 3 already?

Anyways...it happens, and I'm reminded of it every day!

We celebrated Kal's birthday on Saturday with family and friends, and for the first time, he got it. It was HIS day, and he walked around on cloud 9 all day to be sure! So while the party was a blast, and all day clean-up yesterday was proof, I didn't get many good pictures so...

I'll leave you with this...but first let me set the stage: Kevin is outside chattin' with some guys in the neighborhood talking hunting and other "manly" things, when he asks Kallen to go back inside and get him a beer...you know...men, "bs-ing", beer...it all goes together right! Anyways, Kallen came inside, and Kynlee was playing with some of her dress up things, and he decided he wanted to play too. He was so "tickled" by being a ladybug, that he had to wear it outside for daddy to see. So...Kallen in the ladybug outfit, beer in hand, walking over to a bunch of rough and tough "manly" men in deep conversation! Kevin was so proud of his "manly" son, as you can only imagine!!!


Blessings,

3 comments:

Jamee said...

This is priceless!! "m sitting here cracking up to myself. this is a must keep for senior year!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I love, love, love it! And so thankful that we're not the only family doing it. (My husband will be ecstatic to hear that!) Hudson is constantly wanting to play dress-up with Devyn and I have some great pictures of him in a dress. =)

Genny said...

This made me laugh so hard, I have tears in my eyes. :) Thanks for sharing.