Background

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fill 'er Up With Regular Please!!!

Okay...so if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at...right???


So...while down in the wonderful state of Nevada, I pull up to the local Chevron, roll down my window, and prodeed to wait for the nice gas attendant to ask me what I need. What gas attendant you say??? Yeah...that's what everyone else in the car said. "Uh Kati...in Nevada you have to pump your own gas". Oh...Right...I knew that (you see...in Oregon, it's actually a paying job to sit at the gas station and pump gas for other people). Us Oregonians are fortunate enough to simply pull up...say "Fill 'er up with regular", hand over our method of payment, and sit and wait patiently while the gas begins to fill our tank.


Anyways...My sister-in-law asked if I even know how to pump gas, and after thinking for a moment, of course I said "yes". Everyone then began piling out of the car and heading to the grocery store that sat across the parking lot...leaving me and my credit card, staring at the gas pump. Card in...check, lift nosle...check, start pump...check...okay...so far, so good! Pump, pump, pump...the pump stopped and we were full. Remove nosle...check, print receipt...check, and we're good...right???


So I get in the car to go pick up the rest of the crew, all the while going through my mini check list. I sit smiling at my wonderful accomplishment, as the rest of the gang stands on the curb waiting for me to park. I WHIP into a parking spot and look over to find everyone enjoying some gut wrenching laughs. "What's so funny" I think to myself...and then I spot it. I look in my side mirror to find the gas door still open, and the gas cap floppin' in the wind. Huh...so where was that on my check list? I guess I'll never be hired to pump gas!!!



Blessings,

2 comments:

Lani said...

Funny! But, hey--you learned something new! :)

Laura said...

Thank god for the gas station people is all I have to say!
You ROCK Kati:)