Background

Monday, May 5, 2008

Playing "Catch-Up"

Huh...So I guess I've been MIA from the blogging world for the last couple of weeks. Has it been that long??? Man...Where does the time go?

Anyways...in the last 2 weeks:

*Kynlee is now crawling like a maniac, and I am SOOO happy! I can actually set her down during the day and get some things done. She follows me around, plays with her brother, and is actually starting to get into things she's not supposed! Phew...never thought I'd be happy about that...but you have no idea!

*I finally used my "day of pampering" that Kevin got me in November, and enjoyed about 6 hours of as much royal treatment as our small town has to offer! I totally "chopped" my hair off, and I LOVE it! For those of you who don't know me...that's HUGE! I've had long hair as long as I can remember, because my husband is one of those guys who like long hair, and I've tried to honor him with his request to keep it that way...as long as I could. I was ready for a change, and he was okay with it! Pictures soon...I promise!

*On a more somber note...A dear friend of ours from High-School was diagnosed with Lymphoblastic Lymphoma and is currently undergoing some intense Chemotherapy. A dear friend of his, passed away from the same diagnosis a few years back, as did his mom from another form of Cancer. He has a baby on the way and is trying to be as positive as possible. Please keep him in your prayers, as well as everyone else involved. It's a tough time for all of us!

*We spent last weekend with good friends, and the kids came home sicker than dogs! Fevers, throw-up, diarrhea...you know...good times with friends!

*and last but not least...I just got home from a 4 day "girls weekend" in Reno at my brother and future sis-in-law's house. (yes...since Mark lives in the house we were staying...he got to participate a little bit in the "girls weekend"...not that he's proud of that!) Anyways...My mother-in-law, other sis-in-law, niece, Kynlee and I all drove down to the wonderful state of Nevada to help with wedding preparations! It was a LONG, but fun trip. Despite earthquake warnings and crazy Reno drivers, we had a good time...I mean...Have you ever seen the shopping in Reno???

So...after 12 hours in the car, laundry in the hall, a little boy who hasn't seen his mommy since Wednesday, and a little girl who hasn't stopped smiling since she got out of her car seat, I should probably get out of vacation mode and tend to some things around the house!

Blessings,

3 comments:

Dani said...

wanna see your hair ASAP! You didn't mention that little detail on the phone! Hurry up ok, I'm not big on this whole waiting thing ;-)

Lani said...

What Dani said! Get on it!

Glad to hear Kynlee is crawling! WAHOOOOOO! Yay for movin' babies!

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray for Maniac Crawling! Love it:)