Background

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Horse Girl Diva

When we had to sell our horse Kizzie a few years back, I was truly devastated.  I had finally fulfilled a lifelong dream of having my own horse, and the timing just wasn't right for our family.  The plan..my plan that is...was to get another horse some day in the future, when it fit in our lives better.

I never pushed horses on our kids, nor did I ever plan on doing so...however...Kynlee quickly showed that she and I have a similar love affair with the amazing animals.  She recently has been eating, breathing and dreaming horses, spots them in fields from a mile away, and wants nothing in life more than to own HER own horse.  She begged, pleaded, and fluttered her eyelashes enough that we agreed to let her take riding lessons at a local barn, Inavale Farms.  She LOVES it!!!
 

 While our family tends to be a primarily Western/Cowboy type family, Inavale is predominantly English centered.  They get a kick out of Kynlee walking in with her jeans and cowgirl boots on, hoping on a Western Saddle, while they are all in riding pants and working on jumps and dressage.  But...the eventing bug is starting to trickle through Kynlee's little veins, and I'm curious to see how long it takes before she wants to try it out.  

Anyways...Every year Inavale hosts a 3 day event, called the Inavale Farms Horse Trials.  Hundreds of horses and riders travel from all over Oregon, Washington, Idaho and California, to be a part of the event, and it is quite the hoping place, let me tell you.  Kynlee and I, with our friend Mindy, braved the 90 degree temperatures and joined the masses for a few hours on Sunday!  It's so neat to be right up close to the action!  


Heat and all...Kynlee couldn't get enough!

No comments: