Background

Monday, February 12, 2007

Go Team!!!

Since having our little munchkin 15 months ago, I haven't had many opportunities to get away for a day without the little guy. It's not because I haven't wanted to, or haven't trusted someone else to watch him...it's been more of an issue of not having anything to do. Now that might surprise you because you think I have Kallen with me day in and day out, so how can I possibly get things done...but I manage. The thought of going somewhere, just to go somewhere, doesn't appeal me. I've never enjoyed shopping by myself, nor taking a stroll along the river. Having someone to talk to, even if I don't understand what he's saying is always better!!!

Well Saturday, I had an opportunity to hang with the girls (and Dawson) all day and leave Kallen home with Daddy!!! It was a very refreshing, and much needed outing. Brandy, Ellie and I (with their babies Dawson and Syndey in tow), drove to Portland for the State Cheer leading competition! For those of you who don't know...I cheered in high school, and attended one of these very competitions as a competitor, so to come back as a spectator, was great fun! As you can see from the picture...Dawson didn't want everyone to know he was hangin' out with the girls, so he tried to tried to lay low and keep his face from being seen!!!


Going to "State" with our old coach Crissy, has been a tradition since we all got out of high school...though I've only been able to attend a few different times. Brandy & Ellie have gone religiously and know the ropes inside and out, this time was different though! They both had babies under 6 months and our coach was unable to fly up from California for the event. I will definitely say that sitting for 5 hours when it's not just yourself you're worried about can be quite exhausting (although I wouldn't know...since I was baby free). No...in all seriousness...the babes did GREAT! The only fit that was thrown was when the moms behind us (who turned out to be quite the "poor sports") kept hootin' and hollerin' at the top of their lungs right during nap time. All the load music and announcing didn't make the babies flinch, but the high pitched whistles and incessant screaming did them in. Finally when the school they were really cheering for competed...the noise behind us lulled to a bare minimum and we were all able to enjoy the rest of the meet!


I came home to a sleeping baby, a spotless house, and a hug and kiss from my darling other half! All in all it was a great day out, and and great day in for daddy and Kallen!

1 comment:

Mikaila said...

GOOD FOR YOU! And good for Kevin for letting you have a day with the girls!