Background

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Half Way to a Year...WHAT???

So as of last Wednesday, our little Kynlee was 6 months old...half way to a year...are you kidding me? Where does the time go?

Life is so fun right now! Kynlee is finally getting out of the helpless infant stage and really starting to get a mind of her own. She's been sitting up on her own for several weeks now, but she's officially to the point that I no longer have to put pillows behind her if I walk away. She still hates her tummy, but is starting to tolerate it more when there is a toy she's trying to reach...the rocking, rolling, army crawl is beginning to take form...look out! We are constantly having "conversations" with her, because like her mommy...she likes to talk! There's nothing wrong with that if you ask me, but Kevin may chose to disagree!!!

Let's see...A couple of weeks ago we began solid foods because she went from wanting to eat every 3 - 3 1/2 hours, to wanting to eat every 1 1/2...um, no thank you! I think she may be the strangest baby I've ever heard of though, because she wanted nothing to do with the food foods (squash, applesauce, pears, etc.). All she would eat was the cereal. I tried mixing in some applesauce, and she would get this sour, bitter look, while shaking her head and spitting whatever it was all over me. Okay...cereal it is. We did that for about a week, and slowly started introducing WARM food. Now we've got her eating pears, applesauce and squash, but they have to be warm. She wants nothing to do with them if they're cold or even room temperature! Picky, picky! Anyways...we're back to eating every 3 hours or so, and I can deal with that...the fact that she's growing up so much, and already eating foods...not so easy to deal with!!!

Kynz is definitely slowing down on the weight chart, making me feel a lot better. She went from somewhere around the 115th percentile at 2 months, to right at the 50th percentile now. She's a straight 16 pounds, and finally growing into her cheeks...the lovable, pinchable cheeks that they are! So there you have it...a little update on our princess!

Kynlee


Kallen




Blessings,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!!

I know, it's SO hard to see our babies grow, isn't it? 6 months for Kynlee already, wow. It's so fun to see how they change and what milestones they reach, but also sad when they aren't our little babies anymore, isn't it!?

Jennisa said...

she's adorable!

Kim said...

CRAZY!!! I cant believe she is 6 months already , I remember when I wa serading about you being pregnant with her and that doesn't seem that long ago..... wow.