Background

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Here's a Little Story...

...about a frustrated little girl, and her frustrated little mommy (okay...not so little...but it sounded good!)

Anyways...You see, this little girl (let's just call her Kynlee) is 9 months old, and really livin' life. She's full of spunk and personality! Greets people with a huge tooth filled smile every time, sings and dances whenever music is on, is talking up a storm (she says momma, dadda, Kal, and bye-bye clearly), and loves to play with her big brother!

The one thing Kynlee is not however, is as mobile as she (and I...oh wait...her mom) would like her to be. She's not crawling, nor is she walking, and as pleasant as that might sound...it's not. You see...she (this little girl Kynlee, that is) would like to be mobile, and gets RATHER frustrated when she's can't move about the way she would like. Does she roll you ask...oh yes! Does she scoot...uhhh huhh! Can she pivot and move about more than she makes you believe...indeed she can! Then why won't she? Ahhh haahhhh...the inevitable question!

Kynz sits down on the ground, immediately leans forward over her feet into what would look like a normal crawling position, the flops to her belly, and proceeds to scream as if her world has ended. Her parents have tried to let her get a little frustrated in hopes that it might make her a little more determined to move...but to no avail! The frustrated little girl, simply gets so mad she can barely breathe. We then prop her back up, only to repeat the process only seconds later. If she doesn't like her tummy so much...why doesn't she just stay sitting...or CRAWL...novel idea???


The one thing that does makes her happy EVERY time, is when she's standing up walking...with the aid of someones hands, the couch, or even a push toy...the problem...she can't crawl over to those items to get up on her own, and therefor is in need of constant assistance from someone who can help her! As much as I would like to...I just can't be by her side every minute of the day...just so she can be mobile. Talk about a 24/7 crutch...I am not!


I never thought I'd wish walking at an early age on any of my children...but I do! If she woke up tomorrow and decided to walk...that might just make my day!!!

Blessings,

6 comments:

Lani said...

So frustrating! Hang in there, though--she will get there!

Melody C. Bondurant said...

That is a perfect picture sequence, I can totally see it play out!

My sister's little boy was very much the same. I do have to say that she is still terribly adorable!

Laura said...

You were right I giggled the whole way through. I love it! pretty soon she will be running and you wonder where all the time went:)

M said...

Never fear my friend, even after all of that explanation you gave [great storytelling by the way!]...she will walk and she probably will be running before you can even blog about her walking! Then her and Kallen will be fighting over toys they can both race to, which is my predicament right now! The frustration never ends!!

I love the sequence of pics--its almost a flipbook cartoon! Hilarious--the head-down then the frustrated look!!!

Love! Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor frustrated CUTE little Kynlee! How precious she looks all frustrated:)

Kati, wanted to comment quick to tell you THANK YOU for your encouraging words on my spanking post. As much as I truly don't (shouldn't) care what other people think of me, it is still difficult to be criticized and, conversely, feels great to have another mama echo my thoughts. Thanks so much for taking the time to do that!

Have a wonderful evening.

Kim said...

Kati,

Oh how Kynlee is growing! She is such a pretty little thing and has thee very best smile. I love the shots you captured or her little struggle, the one with her head down as if she had given up is priceless.... bless her heart.