Background

Friday, August 22, 2008

I Tried!!!

There are people, who tried and true, have their children's pictures professionally taken. Whether it's monthly, quarterly, or even yearly...The "professional" pictures are a necessity to document the ever growing and changing lives of their children.
While that is fine and dandy for those people...that is not us!!!

When Kallen was 6 months old, we went to one of those mall studios and had a session done, and just last year when Kynlee was born, we had a 15 minute promotional sitting with both kiddos! That's it, in the nearly 3 years. It's not that I haven't wanted to document those stages in their lives, but it seems to me that the 300+ pictures I take of my kiddos each month, documents those times just fine!

Well, that being said...I had a wild hair this morning, to go take some pictures of the kids, that were a little more "staged" then normal! I was hoping to find a park with little or no activity, and start snapping away. My biggest goal actually, was to get the kids to sit together for 2 seconds so I could actually get a decent picture of them together, something I have yet to achieve.

Yet again...this is what I got when I tried to get the two of them to both look, and both smile at the same time:

The..."get away", "near choke", "what are you doing mom", "I'm not listening to your 100 times of asking me to look and smile mom", and my personal favorite..."Now what" poses!



Kallen was pretty cooperative when he was by himself, and actually looked at the camera when I asked him too...well, once at least!!!

Kynlee on the other hand, just wanted to play peek-a-boo

and when her brother found a squirrel hole, she was just as intrigued by it as he was

and we finished off our morning at the park, with a little 'follow the leader' through the "dinosaur bones"



All and all...the kids had a blast, and I decided that sometimes real life pictures are just as memorable and "capturing" as staged shots...so...I'll just continue to shoot away, and when I get the cute ones, woohoo!!!

Blessings,


No comments: