Background

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Slightly Addicting

Kevin has always been a video game "junkie"!!! He has had almost every gaming unit, from the original Nintendo, to his current favorite, the Playstation 3! I on the other hand have not. Every once in a while as kids, we were allowed to rent a Nintendo from the video game store, or we'd enjoy playing at friends houses, but owning a unit...we never did! Anyways...Now that I've been married to Kevin, I get to enjoy a video game every now and again! The only problem is...Kevin likes sports games! We've got football, basketball, golf, etc. etc.! I on the other hand enjoy the "Donkey Kongs" and "Mario Bros" of the gaming world, but no such luck for those games in our house!

So...when the Wii came out, I talked Kevin into getting one, thinking a break from the "Madden" games might be kind of nice! We played it for a bit, truly enjoying a friendly boxing match here and there, and I even got a Wii fit! It was fun and we played it often! Then...we began to do other things, watch different TV programs, and surf the Internet. Our Wii and beloved Playstation3 began to collect dust!!!

It wasn't until recently when the guys at Kevin's work, got him the Tiger Woods golf game for the PS3, that the machine got dusted off, and came to life again! Kallen even picks up the controller every now and again, and is quite the little golfer!!! So...all that to say, that we were in Best Buy the other day, and I saw Super Mario Bros. Wii, and memories of the old school Nintendo game started flooding back! I handed it to Kevin saying let's buy this! He just laughed and said..."no way...the only games worth playing are sports games"! I said "Well, I guess it will be my game then," and we went ahead and bought it!


That night I played my Mario Bros on our little mini TV, while Kevin played Tiger Woods on the big TV (I know...we're hard up on a Saturday night)! Anyways...it wasn't long before Kevin had turned off his game and we were playing Mario 2 player! We haven't laughed that hard in a long time, and couldn't stop playing. We went late into the night laughing, joking, yelling, and trying to pass levels that Kevin once could pass with his eyes closed!!! It was fun, to say the least!

Every night after that, I found myself laying on the living room floor, squinting at the little TV, getting my Mario fix! I was hooked! Then lying on the floor wasn't fun anymore, so I took the Wii into our bedroom, and there it has remained! I typically go to bed around 9:30 these days, though I don't actually turn off the lights and call it a night until midnight or so! Kevin plays his Tiger woods for a while, then comes in and joins me on Mario! We haven't gone to bed before Midnight in the last week and I pay for it in the morning! It's slightly addicting I tell you, and it couldn't be more fun!!!

No comments: