Background

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's a Dream All Right!!!

Last night my good friends Brandy and Ellie threw me a baby shower that was wonderful in so many ways. It wasn't your traditional baby shower, but instead a dinner and diapers shower. Dinner and Diapers you say? Yup...we went to a place called Dream Dinners, where they have all the food and ingredients you need...all chopped and ready for you to assemble. You simply read the recipe card, assemble accordingly, and take them home to your freezer to pull out at a later date and time. Genius I tell you.

My friends and family came to the shower bearing diapers of various sizes (you can never have to many right), and helped make several meals that Kevin and I put in the freezer to have in the weeks after our new little one arrives. It was great to see everyone, and such a wonderful gift to come home with. We still have clothes, blankets, bibs, etc, galore, but I think that Pasta Roni (Kevin's specialty) would get old after the first couple of nights...so actual meals he only has to "throw" together are perfect.

It was so much fun, that a group of us are planning a "date" night with our husbands where we all get together and prepare meals for our own families...should be a blast!

Thanks Brandy & Ellie for such a great shower...and thanks to all of you who blessed me with the diapers, and your excellent meal preparations!!!

3 comments:

Amy... said...

What a great idea! When is your actual due date, Kati?

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

That is a wonderful idea! I am definitely going to have to borrow it for the future. I'm glad you had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

What fun. When are you due?

Vicky