Background

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

OUR plan...what's Gods'?

Kevin and I just got home from our 35 week Dr. Appointment, and thought we'd fill you all in on "the plan".

As of right now, the baby is definitely head down, and wedged in there pretty good! We still however have 5 weeks until the due date, meaning he or she could flip around at any time. If all goes well, our precious little babe will stay head down, and I'll be able to try for a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). The doctors feel that we have a good chance for this because we only had the c-section due to Kallen being breech! They only allow VBAC's for patients that are "good candidates", and I guess I fall into that category! There are some risks with the VBAC, so we're trusting God that this baby will come into the world HIS way, and not ours. I really would like to try and have this baby without a C-Section, but if the Lord has other plans...then that's what will go with!!! If I don't go into labor on my own, they will not induce due to the risks, which means an automatic Cesarean on July 20th.

I've been having contractions throughout the day for the past few weeks, so the doctors are telling me to slow up a little and watch my activity level. They definitely want me to make it one more week, but obviously the longer this kiddo holds out, the better! I'm guessing these contractions are just a tease, and since the doctors are prepping us to go early...we'll pass up the due date for sure. Doesn't it always work that way!

5 comments:

Amy... said...

Hey Kati,

Sounds like a good plan...praying for healthy mom and babe! Stay off your feet! Amy

Mikaila said...

Hang in there!

Aleah said...

My Dr. always told me it was unlikely that the baby would turn head up again where your are at this point in your pregnancy. But I guess there's always a chance! Just don't do any headstands! ; ) I hope the babe stays where it is for you this time!
With Ella I had contractions everyday at the end also (some pretty hard ones) and she came on her due date...but Hayden did the same and came 2 weeks early!
Either way, pretty soon!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Good plan! I will be keeping toes and fingers crossed that this little one's birth will go the way you hope it does. And that you'll have a healthy, happy newborn when it's all said and done!

Good luck!

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

How exciting! I remember how antsy I was in the weeks before both of my girls were born. I was in total nesting mood, as I'm sure you are too!