Background

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Just call me "Bird Lady"

So a couple of weeks ago Kevin called me and said there was a customer at the shop who was selling birds, and he wanted to know if he could bring some home. Ummmm...NO! I'm not a "bird" person, and never have been. Maybe a cool Parrott that talks or something, but these were little baby finches.

Okay, I thought it was settled...No birds. Well, I went into the shop later that week, and heard some chirping coming out of the bathroom. The secretary told me to go see YOUR little guys. MY little guys...What...I said NO! So there they were chirping away in their nice little cage...our birds. Kevin got them anyways because he thought Kallen would love them. Um, somebody tell me what my 18 month old son is going to do with two little birds that are smaller than his hand.

All I kept picturing was the part in "Dumb and Dumber" when the little blind boy is stroking a dead parakeet saying "pretty bird, pretty bird." I could see Kallen reaching his hand in the cage, grabbing one of the little guys and squeezing it. Kevin was mad because he said I get to buy Kallen things all the time, and now it was his turn. Yes Kevin, perfect gift for our son. The live little birds are totally the same thing as a little toy truck!

Well, whether I wanted them or not...we've got them. Two little finches. They are awfully cute, but all they do is chirp, chirp, chirp day in and day out. Kallen has been pretty good with them, but has figured out how to open the hatch, and wants them to come out and play! I better watch him a little closer these days!

Here are our little guys. Boss and Rosco (yes...as in the Dukes of Hazard) The Dukes is Kevin's favorite show, and one of the birds is short and stalky (Boss), and the other is the skinny sidekick (Rosco), who follows his buddies every move!

Huh...Who knew I'd ever have birds!

3 comments:

Mikaila said...

Just what you needed - an 18 month old, a newborn on the way and 2 FINCHES! =) They are pretty cute...

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh how funny! Sorry, this post just made me laugh. I agree with Mikaila; two birds and a newborn. It should make life interesting!!

Lani said...

Hee-hee! We are thinking of getting Andrew some fish when we get moved back over to the valley. Fish are more quiet than birds. :) Good luck! We'll pray for you.