Background

Friday, June 29, 2007

It's a Start!!!

Well, I told you that cousin George finally came by to put the culvert in the ditch, and fill in our backyard.

Remember what it looked like before:


Now here we are a week or so after the culvert (again):


Kevin has been busy setting the retaining wall, bringing in LOADS, and LOADS of dirt and rock, and finally getting things started. It's nice to actually have a place to begin now! In no time at all our back yard should begin to resemble the vision we've imagined! Not much yet...but it's a start!

Here are some pictures of the process for those of you who are interested...I know...It's not as exciting for you guys, but for me...I'm ecstatic!



Now onto the next step...concrete and more fill dirt!

3 comments:

Amy... said...

Yard work. Man, it can be so frustrating for me because I always want it done NOW! I'm sure you are more patient that I am, though:)

Your day is coming so quick!

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Hi, it's Melody from FCF(a few years back). I am visiting via Stacy's sight. Congratulations on your little man...and the new one on the way! It's great that you are trying to do a VBAC! I know a lot of women that are too nervous or not confident enough to try it!

Kallen is such a handsome guy! You sound like you're doing great! Kiely and I have two little men now. They are quite the pair. Certainly, ALL BOY!!! Well, blessings and best of everything in your upcoming labor!
Melody Bondurant

Mikaila said...

I think my favorite part of this post is Kallen's little buzzed head! TOO CUTE!