Background

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just as I Predicted

As I've mentioned before, Kevin and I started Potty Training Kallen a little over a month ago. We have a little potty chair, and because of that he's become quite independent with the whole bathroom "business". We've taught him to sit, so if he needs to go, he runs on into the bathroom and goes. He doesn't have to come get me to help him on the pot, and I'm not afraid of "over spray". His little chair has a little shield...for the boys! Anyways...there is little assistance needed on my part.

Well, that's how it works when we're home, but small little toilets out in public...I think not. Therefor he needs a little help to go when we're out and about. Also, when he's got to go, he can only hold it for so long...hence the little Travel pot I got him. It, once again, has a little shield, and easily folds up and stores in the back of my car. If we're somewhere we can't get to a potty...I pull over, set up the pot (in like 2 seconds mind you) and there he goes.

Kevin wasn't sure why we needed to have a "port-a-potty", when Kallen could simply "water a tree" when we can't get to a bathroom. I informed my darling husband, that the little man wasn't quite ready to be "watering trees" outside, simply because I wasn't sure that my entertainment center, or the walls (not to mention the current tree that we actually have standing in our living room), wouldn't become a "tree" also. He informed me that Kallen would definitely understand the difference between outside and inside, and that it would be no problem.

Well...this weekend Kallen "watered" his first tree outside, and thought it was the funniest thing ever. He kept giggling and saying "like daddy". Oh great...He's seen daddy going at home, and now he's doing the same thing...what happens next you ask.

Sure enough...I found Kallen this morning, standing in front of his potty chair saying "ook mommy, I wa'er tees". You can imagine what the walls, floor, and cabinet looked like when he was done. At least it was in the bathroom and not the Christmas tree, right!!!

2 comments:

Jessica and Joe said...

Way to funny!!!

Amy... said...

Ha! I was so mad when Joel taught Parker how to pee standing. Now cleaning has become more of a chore:)