Background

Friday, December 21, 2007

A Routine of Sorts!

We needed to make a quick trip down to the post office this afternoon, so I could put some invitations to a baby shower I'm hosting in January, in the mail. Well, even though the plan is for a "quick" trip, it always seems like such a production. I run around and make sure the diaper bag is loaded with diapers and a change of clothes for Kynz (for the ever so random "blow out"), a change of clothes for Kallen (in case of an unexpected accident), a few trucks and cars (to keep Kallen busy if need be), some juice for the little man, a snack of sorts, and most importantly my wallet, cell phone and keys. I always change Kynlee right before we leave, and have Kallen use the bathroom too. The various Christmas lights spread throughout the house have to be turned off, the dog bowl filled with water, and all the doors locked. I tend to use the bathroom myself, and pull a jacket and pair of shoes out of the closet for Kallen and I. Then Kynz gets put in her carrier and moved to the front door while Kallen takes a moment to put on his shoes and coat. Then we're "clear" and we can head out the door.

Well during my little "routine" this afternoon, I was constantly talking to Kallen and giving him instructions while I moved throughout the house. Every once in a while he acknowledged me saying "okay mommy" while staying out of my line of travel. Final lights were shut off, Kynlee in my arms ready for her carrier, and this is what I found:

"I ready go bye bye mommy" says Kal.

I was laughing too hard to get mad at the fact, that not only were his socks and shoes not on, but his mouth was full of chocolate chips.

Too bad the kid basically still fits in the thing!

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

You can't hear me but I'm laughing so hard. We have mornings like that too, where I'm sure Devyn is hearing me and obeying. But then something like this happens and all I can do is laugh. Way precious!

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Oh how familiar that sounds to our "production" just to run and errand!
I'm just thankful sometimes that they still have personalities of their own and find ways to keep us laughing!
Merry Christmas!