Background

Monday, December 17, 2007

You Get What You Get

So, I tried taking a few pictures of the kiddos the other day...tried, being the operative word. They had both just got up from a nap...Kynlee was fed, and Kallen was in an unusually "chipper" mood. Perfect...picture time will be great!

First things first...I laid out a sheet simply to see if the lighting would work, not intending to take the pictures just yet. Well...Kallen thought it was funny that there was a sheet hanging in the living room, and wouldn't get off of it. Kynlee decided she wasn't diggin' the teeth that are trying to make their way into her mouth and screamed anytime I put her down, and the phone wouldn't stop ringing. "Okay, maybe now won't work" I thought! Well, too bad. I had everything set up, both kids there in my sight...It was now or never.

Here's a little of how things went during our "photo shoot"!

Kallen: "Sissy sad mommy"
Me: "She is sad...here, come sit by mommy and let's try to get her to smile"


Kallen: "Sissy need binki mommy" (something she normally wont even take, FYI)
Me: "no honey...I think she's okay...thank you though"


Kallen: "See"


Kallen: "iss okay sissy...all better"


All is well...now time for more pics!

Me: "wait Kal, don't try to squeeze in...you're going to sit on her"


Me: "okay Kal...wait, hands out of your mouth...smile for mommy...oh wait...shoot, the camera is "busy"...try again...smile...come on buddy...just one good picture!"


Me: "Hey Kallen, let's take a good picture for Ellie (his bestest friend...the little girl next door)

Kallen: "Nooooooooooooooo, Elllllliiiiiiieeeee....I play with Ellie"


Me: "okay, maybe...just one good one...oh no, now Kynz is crying...hold on Kal...Kynlee, it's okay baby...it's okay" Fine...I give up!

All in all I got some cute pictures of the kids...not the ones I was hoping for, but picturs non the less! What do you do...right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they are adorable anyway! And I love how you've "captured" real life! Keep 'em coming!

Mikaila said...

Yeah, these are very real life. :o) I can't even tell you how long it took to get our Christmas picture of the 3 of us. I had to promise Jordan we would get a good one of the 3 of us and then he and I could take lots and lots of "silly" pictures. Actually, that was when I got the best ones of him. :o)