Background

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Finally Sold!!!

Several years ago my friend Laura became part of a wellness group called Melaleuca and in that time, she has tried endless times to get me involved as well. I've listened to the sales calls, heard her testimony and scoured the website, only to "ho, him and haw" through not becoming a member.

I'm not sure why I was so reluctant, except for the requirement to purchase a certain amount of points (aka product) each month, and I didn't want to be tied down to that. I had no doubt that the non toxic Malaleuca products were good for the environment, safe for my children, and that they worked well...I just went with "we survived using the old school products, so why won't my children?" philosophy. I'm still not sold on the idea of throwing away everything in my house that is not Melaleuca (sorry Laura...maybe I'll get there one day)...but, and a big but...I'm willing to give the company a try, and here's why!

Remember our Silly Putty dilemma (see below)? Well, after lots of advice (thank you all for that by the way), Kim (who also recently signed on as a member) suggested Sol-u-Mel, which is a concentrated Melaleuca cleaning product. Laura of course validated that suggestion, and since she lives right down the road from us, brought me a little to try out. Now, let me tell you all that Kallen’s pajamas and blankie sat in our deep freezer for most of the day yesterday, only to help break off a few chunks of the putty, but it didn't touch the stuff that was smeared deep into the fabric. Sol-u-Mel to the rescue. I could not believe how effectively it cleaned everything up, to the point that I don't even know where it used to be. It left no oily residue or any amount of the putty! Sold, sold, sold!!! I even left a little on Kallen's pajamas so that Kevin could see the demonstration first hand, and he too was just as impressed as I was!

If for that product alone and I'm sure the others work just as well, I'm willing to become a member!!! Thank you Kim and Laura...now my son can sleep at night since we don't have to throw away his dear, sacred blanket!!!

Blessings,

Kati

8 comments:

Lani said...

YAY! That's awesome! Sounds like I might have to do a little research!! Glad to hear the blanky is okay. Whew! Not sure what we would do without "football". Andrew would be devastated! Its hard enough to get that thing through the wash without a melt down!

Aleah said...

Glad you got it out of that blankie! I've never heard of that line of supplies, hmmm....

Laura said...

Everyone can learn more at
http://www.livetotalwellness.com/mommy4ever

Kim said...

You are welcome. I'm glad it worked for you! Even more glad that a friend down the street had some! Woo-hoo!!!!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Kati,

Can I cut and paste your story onto my blog?

Kim

Kim said...

CUUUUUUTTTTE new layout!

Lakeville Vertical said...

I've used Melaleuca products for ten years now. I don't have everything converted still but mostly everything. There are a few oldies that I hang on to. However, the solumel has done wonders for nail polish accidents, gum situations, and general cleaning needs. I love this product. My favorites are the laundry deg. and the laundry spot remover. It has taken out every single spill, stain, blood, chocolate, oil, whatever and it keeps me using these products. My daughter has eczema and these products are the only ones that work for her and my skin-I started using these because of my skin. Haven't itched in 10 years. Seriously, give it a go and if you don't like all you do is write in and cancel. Blessings to you!