Background

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Style All His Own

As of yet, Kallen hasn't really been into the whole dressing himself thing. I find an outfit (yes, my son wears "outfits"), and that's what he wears that day! He is definitely capable of dressing himself, but it simply gets done quicker if I do it, and we don't have any heads stuck in arm holes or anything like that!!! He really hasn't even had a preference on what he wears. He just goes with the flow...

...until today! I told him he needed to get dressed for church, and this is what he came out of his bedroom looking like...all the while saying "I go bye-bye...c'mon mommy...let's go"! Not only is he wearing pajamas, but 2 different pairs at that, his daddies stocking hat, a non matching jacket, and the bright red socks with his crocs were a nice way to finish off the ensemble!

Needless to say...he changed! I'm just not ready to give up the control of his matching outfits...yet another aspect of my OCD!!!

Blessings,

2 comments:

Lani said...

Too cute! I have to give Andrew the choice between two different shirts. I usually put him in jeans or khakis to save time (you know, they go with everything!!) and then I pull two shirts out and say, "Which one do you want to wear?" That way, we both win! Its worked so far, but I can tell it won't last much longer! :) Ahhhh...the joys of 2 year olds!

apesseth said...

This is too funny. I hear ya.....I still pick out Seth's outfits for him. As your right it's alot quicker. But we've had those days where he goes and changes. Pajamas has clothes to go to daycare in. LOL!!!!