Background

Monday, February 11, 2008

A Suck, Smile or Growl!

Kynlee turned 7 months on Saturday, and what a fun 7 months it has been!

I am amazed every day how different my little children are. I don't think a day goes by that Kynlee doesn't wake up with a great big smile on her face...wether it's first thing in the morning, or we're waking her up late at night from Grandpa and Grandmas (on one of those nice evenings out for Kevin and I). Smiles, smiles, smiles...always smiling!

Lately her little grin, has turned into an open mouth growl as well. If someone is holding her, she'll open her mouth nice and wide, let out a great big growl, then lean in for the "kill"...aka, the slobber attack! She growls at her toys, at her brother, at the dog, and of course at anyone who strikes up a conversation with her. I keep trying to tell her she's not a lion...but she doesn't quite get that yet!

We're not crawling yet, but she's started to figure out that if she pushes off with her feet she moves...fancy that! Therefor, I guess we're in the beginning stages of the "army crawl". She's much like her friend Dawson, and would rather walk than anything! She'll walk all over the house with us holding her hands if we'd let her (I'm trying to keep her down and not let the walking happen until WAY later in life..hahaha). Anyways...she's just a joy, and we're so blessed to have her in our lives!

The stats (for my future reference)...16.8 pounds, 27 1/2 inches...and some pictures we describe as the 3 faces of Kynlee:

The "Finger Suck"...

The "Growl"...
and the good ol' "Smile"

Kallen 7 months (to compare!!!)

Blessings,

3 comments:

Lani said...

So fun! Tori is 9 months: 21 pounds, 28 inches and a HANDFUL! BUT SO MUCH FUN! :) She's into biting now--that part is not fun! You've got gorgeous kiddos and they are so fun! :) Way to go!

Welcome Classmates! said...

I can't believe that she is already 7 MONTHS OLD!!! Where does the time go? I feel like we were just there and I was learning the "proper" way to swaddle - since Dylan always seemed to be the one to do it with David. :p I can't wait until we get to see you guys this summer! What a blast it is going to be to see the boys interacting with each other - and the girls too. :) We are just too far away from the people that are important to us, but maybe that will change next year. We'll see. :) HUGS to you all. I love and miss you guys!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh, so very beautiful! Seriously, Kati, you have such gorgeous babies. I can't believe how old she's getting.

By the way, LOVE your house. After looking at your pictures in the A Helping Hand post, I'm a little envious of your kitchen. =)