Background

Friday, February 15, 2008

I Think I have OCD!!!

My sister Danielle Tagged me, to write 6 random things about myself, so here it goes...

1. I like things to be symmetrical: Something tall on this side, we need something tall on that side...Bed in the center of the wall...quilting...scrapbooking...yadda, yadda, yadda...it's all got to be perfectly symmetrical in one way or another!

2. I can't leave the TV volume on an odd number: I always have to go up or down 2 notches when changing the volume of the TV. 11 just won't do...it's got to be 10 or 12, which sometimes is too loud or too soft, but I just can't bring myself to stop it on that "dreaded" odd number. There is something about being able to divide whatever it is I'm doing in half...back to that symmetry again!

3. When I eat colored candy (skittles, m&m's, jelly beans, etc.) I have to separate them into even colored piles: Whatever candy is left over goes in it's own pile, and I attack that first! Then I pull from the other piles, one piece at a time, in order to always keep them equal! Yes...EVERY time I eat these candies!

4. Big gouges or scrapes in tubs of food items, drives me nuts: When dishing up icecream, I scrape the top of the tub in such a way that it is left perfectly flat. Same with butter. If someone has gouged the center of the butter...I try my best to smooth it out.

5. I Organize Everything I can: The clothes in my closet, as in my children's, are arranged by color, then by sleave length within each color. The fabric in my sewing room...the towels in my linen closet...the socks in my sock drawer...etc, etc, etc...all arranged by color. The DVD's and CD's...all arranged alphabetically. Books on the bookshelf and games in the game cupboard...by size. The spices in my spice cupboard...by uses. Baking spices all together, rubs and seasonings all together. The kids toys are even separated into baskets. A basket of cars, farm stuff, art things, etc. etc. etc.

6. We have 14 pillows on our bed...only 4 of which are decorative:

Okay...so after reading this, I think I offically have OCD...anyone know a good psyciatrist?

* Anyone else who wants to play along...feel free! It's kind of fun, and most definitely revealing!!!

Blessings,

6 comments:

Mikaila said...

Revealing for sure! These things are so funny. =) And things most people wouldn't admit to others - at least all together! But honestly, this was fun to read. =)

Lani said...

Hilarious! I'm not sure I want to do it. People might think I'm crazy!

The Copeland's said...

Kati you are too funny!! I would have never guessed! However, most people I know that are creative with scrapbooking etc. have a lot of these qualities..... :)

Dani said...

hahahahaha, I totally almost peed my pants! Kati how did we even come from the same mother?! I LOVE you and your OCD :-) Just kidding, I don't really think you have OCD, but I do think you're weird. But I can say that I'm your sister. I do love you, Loads!

Jessica and Joe said...

1 and 3 are totally me also. So fun to get to know the real you.

Melody C. Bondurant said...

That's great! I definitely can relate on many of those things. Oddly enough, especially the TV volume thing. There is just something about leaving it at on odd number, even when 10 is a little too low and 12 a little too high. I'll opt for one or the other, but never the odd one in the middle. Too funny!
Also, my roommate in college used to tease me that my closet looked like a rainbow...yep, the whole color coordinated thing. And I even did it in order of ROYGBIV (red, orange, yellow...etc)

A kindred spirit indeed!
Melody