Background

Sunday, February 3, 2008

A New Me...scratch that...A Healthier Me!!!

Last week I was reading a post by MCK Mama over at My Charming Kids, and realized If I'm going to be successful (like her), I need to share my journey with others who can support and encourage me, instead of trying to do it on my own "behind the scenes". What journey you ask???

Well...Tomorrow, February 4th 2008, I am beginning a program called Body-for-LIFE! It's a LIFE program that involves eating healthy and exercising...novel idea...though something I haven't been doing! Kevin's college roommate did this proram back in the day, and we all thought of it as a "body building" program. However...after devouring the website and reading through the book, I realize it is not that at all. I even have a friend who successfully completed the "challenge" and looks and feels great several years later! So...

After seeing some current pictures of myself, and examining the person who was looking back at me in the mirror, I realized that my body just wasn't the same as it used to be. My weight is the same as it has been for the last 10 years or so...however the saggy, flabby, skin, and tight fitting jeans, just arn't! (Truly a realization that the numbers on the scale don't mean as much as the way my clothes fit!) Anyways...this program (though I heard about it years ago), was put in front of me just at the right time. I'm making a commitment to change...for me, my husband, and my kids!!!

This was a hard decision for me to share this with you all or not, because I tend to be the person who wants to change before anyone knows I'm trying. The problem is...failure tends to be my middle name, and if no one knows...then there's no one to keep me accountable! So...I'm letting you all know, and I'll be posting about my progress each week for the next 12 weeks (and hopefully beyond), and I would love all the encouragement and support I can get!

Come back April 28th for the results, and each week in between for my progress!!!

Blessings,

6 comments:

Welcome Classmates! said...

I can relate to everything that you are saying and I know that a lot of the anxious feelings that I am having about getting through with this pregnancy is because of my "body image" issues and the fact that I just want to get back into the swing of working out and feeling good about myself. I have a built-in trainer right at home which is a definite perk and not something that everyone has so hopefully that will make it easy, well easier, for me to get back to where I want to be. Thank you for sharing all that you are planning on doing. Now we can hold each other accountable and be each others "cheerleaders." Take care and GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Lani said...

You're awesome! I'm excited to read about it each step of the way. I recently started running again and am loving it...I'm loving the fact that I am more myself than I have been in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Great minds must think alike. I have also been thinking alot lately about getting things right with my body. It is great that you are going to be sharing it with all of us:) Accountablity is important. Good luck!

Tiffany MacDonald said...

I am so proud and happy for you! I actually did the program myself about two years ago and it really is amazing. I like it because I felt like I could eat all the time and the work outs are fast and make you sweat. I am so nervous myself having my second baby. I don't feel like I have any control over my body or weight this time around. I think it's wonderful your sharing since most mom's feel this way but keep it all inside. If you want support I am behind you 100%!!! Best wishes-Tiffany

Aleah said...

That's great that your going ahead and doing something! I've been thinking almost everyday about just starting to do sit-ups or something to get this stretched out stomach back in place (the 4th did me in) but I just can't muster the enthusiasm to even do that!
Someday...

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Congratulations! I am right there with you when it comes to trying something I might fail at. I'd much rather not tell anyone so if it doesn't work out, nobody knows I didn't do it! Then, if it does, I'll tell!
Best of luck! I'll probably be right behind you in a few weeks...after the baby is born!

Melody