Background

Sunday, July 1, 2007

It Must Have Been the Full Moon!

Friday night around 10:00, I started having "regular" contractions again. They were about 5 or 6 minutes apart, and slowly getting a little stronger. Now, if you haven't been following along with my other false labor tales, you might think that 5 or 6 minutes apart really meant things were progressing...not for me. 5 or 6 minutes is really a weekly thing for me...the quality of the contractions is what I've been looking at now.

They really weren't any stronger than my daily tightenings, but I was definitely aware of them. Well, around 12:00am, they started getting a lot stronger, and were now 2-3 minutes apart, and lasting 45-60 seconds. Strong enough that I couldn't sleep through them, and was needing the breathe a little with each one...Huh...could this finally be the start?

After a couple of hours of this, Kevin and I decided to head up to the hospital. We got there, got all hooked up to the monitors, and got checked by the doctor...3 cm, 80% effaced. Okay...so we've got a ways to go. The doctor wasn't nearly as discouraged as I was, and told me to walk and "hang out" for a few hours, then she would come back and check me again. Sounds great!

She came in, looked at the monitor, and said by the "strength" and consistency of the contractions, she was sure things would be progressing nicely...Here we go...3 cm 80% effaced. Sighhhhh. "Go home, get some rest, and we'll probably see you back tomorrow, if not in a few hours." Fine...No problems here...I'd rather be at home laboring, instead of listening to the lady down the hall screaming "ouch...ooooouuuuuch....this hurts.....ooouuuwwwwyyy...ouch, etc."

We went home, took a nap on the couch, and what do you know...woke up with NO, yes you read right, NO contractions. Okay, back at square one...the waiting game.

It must have been the full moon...There were 5 deliveries between midnight and 3:00am the night we went in, and there really wasn't even a room available for us. The Lord is looking out for us, and for our precious little babe. We want the best care for him/her and me, and if that means we don't get it for a couple of weeks, then so be it. After all...the due date isn't until July 12th, so we've still got some time.

Just thought I'd vent, and update you all!

1 comment:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh yeah, I've been there! Hang in there, its almost done and soon you'll be holding that precious little one in your arms. Maybe even today?! =)