Background

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Concrete Won!

Well, now that I've finished sharing Kynlee's birth story with you all, I can get back to the day to day happenings around our humble abode!


Lately bumps, bruises and tears seem to be what I'm mending around here, so I'll have to tell you about our little "Evil Knievel". We were at a MOPS family barbecue last Tuesday, having quite the time I might add, since it was one of our first outings as a family of 4. Well, leave it to Kallen to change the dynamics of the event. We were all sitting down eating some delicious BBQ ribs and chatting with the other kiddos and parents. Kallen was finished with his dinner, and just wanted to run around! Fine, no big deal! We were in a little barn like structure with lots of doors, windows, stairs and ramps for the kids to play on! Kallen was doing great, until he came across some concrete stairs that were kind of camouflaged! I guess he decided to take these stairs "head on" literally, and the stairs won. No one really saw the event...we just heard major screaming, and looked over to find Kallen face down on the concrete, and his feet two stairs up!


Oh man...the blood was pouring down his face, he was in so much pain, and mostly scared, that he hardly let us touch his "owie" to clean it up and assess the damage. We finally got him cleaned up and this is what he was left with. Permanent scars on his poor face are inevitable...Such a boy!!!



Then yesterday we were at the doctor for Kynlee's two week check up, and while we were waiting for the nurse to come in and take blood for a PKU test, Kallen fell off a chair and hit his ear. The poor guys ear swelled up so bad I thought it was going to "pop". Okay, not really...but it sure looked bad.




If that wasn't enough to happen to the little guy...some friends were over yesterday, and as they were leaving they picked Kallen up to say goodbye. He didn't have very good hold on Kallen, and as he was setting him back down on the sidewalk...he dropped him. Yep...Kallen couldn't get his feet down fast enough, and fell right on his back on the concrete sidewalk! Okay, more tears. After that, Kallen basically ran right to his bed as if to say...let me go to bed so nothing else happens to me today!

3 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I know it isn't funny but I had to giggle. I wonder if this is one of those situations where boys will be boys. =)

Amy... said...

Same exact thing happened here after Griffin was born! Parker actually had to go to the ER on my first full day home by myself. What is it with these boys?!

Hope you are feeling well, Kati!

Mikaila said...

Poor little guy!!! He looks like he had it out with... something fierce!