Background

Friday, July 13, 2007

Where to Begin???

Well, I've got so much to share about the last week I don't know where to begin. I guess I'll just start typing, and see where it takes us. Sorry if it's long and jumps around! Bear with me!

We are home now...ALL of us...and quickly adjusting to being a family of 4. We have such great friends and family who have given us our space to adjust, and allowed it to be just "us" for these first few days...something we didn't even realize we needed! Thanks to all of you!

Kynlee is a great baby so far, but I'm not sure how she couldn't be since all she does is sleep. I have to wake her up several times a day to remind her to eat. Don't I wish I had that problem! Her days and nights are all mixed up, which is very different than with Kallen. He knew right away when it was bed time, and when it was time to be awake. Our precious little princess however thinks that 4:00am is playtime, and daddy and mommy should join her. Then, when it's daylight outside and we want to play with her...we can't wake her for the life of us! Oh well...she's only 4 days old after all right...she'll adjust soon enough!

Kallen LOVES his baby sister, and so far has shown no signs of jealousy or anything. He's constantly wanting to give her hugs and kisses, and always trying to share his snacks with her. If he's got juice and crackers, then he wants to sit right by her and make sure she doesn't want any as well! Kevin is home with us this week, so Kallen has quickly figured out that if he needs something and I'm holding Kynlee...he asks daddy, or vice versa. We'll see how things go next week when I'm all alone!!!

I'm feeling GREAT!!! Up moving around, and almost feeling like my old self. I can't even explain how much more I enjoyed this birth process than I did with Kallen. There were "complications" after the birth as well as with Kallen, but I felt so much more in control this time, and the recovery doesn't even compare to that of the C-Section. No worries...the "complications" have all been resolved and in the next day or two, you can read all about it in the birth story!

Kevin is beside himself with his new little girl, and wants to know if there's "ever an end to the PINK." I just laugh and tell him..."just you wait!".

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, they were greatly appreciated. I'll post pictures tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

Mikaila said...

I'm so EXCITED for you guys! I can't wait to see more pictures and read all about the birth!

Melody C. Bondurant said...

CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!!!
Don't you think she's a little young for that lip gloss and blush...Oh, she is gorgeous : ) What a little princess!

I am so excited to hear that you had a "successful VBAC", Way to go!!!

Blessings, blessings, and more blessings.

melody

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

So glad you are all home and doing well! It's an adjustment with 2, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it! And, tell Kevin...no...the pink NEVER ends! :)