Background

Friday, July 20, 2007

A Little of This, and a Little of That

After whisking our daughter off to the nursery, the doctors determined that my blood pressure was higher than they like to see, and that it only seemed to be climbing. They put me on a Magnesium Sulfate IV drip in hopes to "flush" out my system and bring down the blood pressure. The magnesium made me feel week, groggy, and all around crappy! I have never had high blood pressure in my life, so the news was quite a shock!

Due to the magnesium, and my level of instability, the doctors and nurses ordered to keep me in labor and delivery for another 12 -24 hours. They limited my visitors, kept lights and noise to a minimum, and continued to check my vitals every hour! Let me tell you how much fun that was!

In the meantime, Kynlee was checked out in the nursery, and released back to our room...Thank you Lord! They still felt that her respiration's were high, and they wanted to keep an eye on her, but the immediate "threat" seemed to be gone!!!

We spent the rest of that day, and into the next morning in Labor and Delivery, before they released us to the post-partum area of the hospital. The magnesium worked, and brought my blood pressure down to a safe level. Kynlee was able to join us in our room, and all was well! At this point, I was going "stir crazy" from being so confined in the hospital, that all I wanted to do was head home and be a family. The doctors were still watching my blood pressure, and unsure why Kynlee was still breathing so heavy, so our request was denied. We were cleared to go home the next morning, but not before! Oh well...I can live with that!

Kevin stayed home with Kallen that night, and Kynlee and I had our first mother daughter, overnight "date". Things went great! It wasn't until the next morning that things began to change.

2 comments:

Amy... said...

Hope you are doing well, Kati!

Looking forward to the rest of the story. love, Amy

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh how scary! I've never dealt with high blood pressure, I'm sure it was more than you wanted at the moment. Looking forward to the rest of the story!!