Background

Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Brother's Love

On Tuesday and Thursday mornings, Kallen and I take a "Water Kids" swimming class together! After I had Kynlee, I thought it would be a good idea to do something with just Kallen. Something that didn't involve stopping and taking care of Kynz when she needed me, and since we've taken swimming classes in the past, I thought it was the perfect thing to continue! We're fortunate enough to have a lot of family around, so the grandma's take turns watching Kynlee during the lesson so I can focus my whole attention on Kallen.

Well...this last week, it just so happened that both my mom, and Kevin's mom were out of town! My brother came to the pool and helped out on Tuesday (Thanks TJ), but instead of asking him to do that Thursday as well, I asked my friend Brandy! Of course she agreed, and all was hunky doory!

As Kallen and I were dropping Kynlee off, and getting ready to leave, I handed her to Brandy and proceeded to grab Kallen and walk out the door! He instantly started crying, saying "noooooo, my sissy," while reaching out towards Kynlee!

I was trying to calm him down and get him all excited about swimming, but to no avail. He just didn't understand why his beloved sister wasn't going with us. I got him in the car, kicking and screaming, and drove to swimming class...surely he would calm down eventually...right???

Well he did calm down, but not before repeatedly asking through tears and sobs "sissy go bye bye too??? Peeeaaase."

I'm happy to report that once we were there, we had an excellent time at swimming, and the joy on Kallen's face when we arrived to pick Kynlee up...was priceless!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love your kids' names! (Kinda similar in a way to my boys' names...in my opinion!? Anyway, cool names!)

Saw you stopped by my blog...thanks for commenting on my new babe!!
Yours looks like real sweeties, too!

I haven't been adventurous enough to try swimming with my kid(s) since my second was born...good for you guys!