Background

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Fake Out!!!

I am someone who loves having fruit out on the counter. I love the "homey" feeling of a basket full of fruit...what I don't love however, are the wonderful flies that hover around said baskets!!!

Well...when visiting my aunt a few weeks ago, I noticed a grand basket of apples sitting atop her counter. After taking a step closer I noticed that those delectable delicatessens weren't apples at all, but merely Styrofoam imitations. Turns out those beautiful imitations were from the local "Dollar Store"...who knew!


I quickly made a trip to our own Dollar Store where I too found some apples for my own basket! They look pretty real wouldn't you say...So real that Kallen brought one to me this afternoon and this is what it looked like!


Uh...you can't eat those buddy!

2 comments:

Melody C. Bondurant said...

That's priceless. My mom had a "fruit basket" as a decoration that had grapes in it, and we would always find the kids chewing on them.

I have to say, those apples are very realistic looking and I certainly share your sentiments about the flies.

Jessica and Joe said...

That is way to cute!