Background

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Meet Dave!

Ever since the "package" incident at MOPS, Kallen has taken to stuffed bears, dogs and miscellaneous animals as his own "baby".

Walking around shhshhhing them, patting their bottoms, and rocking them to sleep in Kynlee's swing. Well...that got me thinking about the old cabbage patch dolls that I had when I was a kid. Maybe it was time to bring one home for Kallen.

Well...Meet Dave.


My mom found one of our old dolls and brought it over for the little guy...I know...A doll for my son...But if you saw how he takes care of "Dave", then you'd know why!

Now "Dave", you might be thinking...who came up with Dave? Well...It just so happened to be the first name that Kallen said. We were asking him about "Joe, Charlie, Frank, Buddy, then Dave"..."Hi Dave" he said, and there you have it!

He hasn't quite figured out that Dave can't do everything with him, but he's trying! Today Kallen and Dave colored together...who knows what it will be tomorrow!


6 comments:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

Love that last photo! Dave...just sittin there across the table... so funny!

Lani said...

That is SO sweet!!! I never even thought about that with Andrew! What a great idea! He loves taking care of Tori! Hmmm...

Be Inspired Always said...

How cute :)



Jillian

Mikaila said...

There is NOTHING wrong with boys having dolls. :o) This is too stinking cute!

Erin said...

that is cute. i had quite a few myself and my mom used to make me and my favorite doll matching dresses. my boy cousin had his very own boy cabbage patch doll himself and it didn't harm him any! i think its great! look forward to more Dave pics!!

Anonymous said...

So glad I got to meet Dave last night! Thanks Kallen, love Auntie Brandy