Background

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sniffles & Tears

After more than two weeks of continual sneezing, coughing, and 3 boxes of Kleenex, I decided to take Kallen to the doctor. I was pretty sure they would just send us home with the normal "it's just a cold, wait it out" prescription, but instead we got "amoxicillon". It seems to be that the little man has a sinus infection. At least now there might be an end to the snot!!!

On another note...I'd like to send out a blessing over all you moms and dads who've had to deal with colic. Now...I'd like to clarify and say that neither Kallen or Kynlee has had colic, so I don't truly know what it's like...but if last night was even remotely similar, than my prayers are with you all. Here's how our evening went down: All was well in the house. The kids were fed, naps were taken, and toys were being played with. Then Grandpa and grandma came over to see the kids, and things went downhill from there. (not because of gma & gpa of course...having company just added to the LOUD chaos!)Kynlee began to get fussy, then fussier, then the fussiest she's ever been! She began screaming at the top of her lungs in a high pitched pain filled tone. There was nothing we could do to console her. She wasn't clenching her fists, or pulling her legs to her chest...and her abdomen wasn't even tight. She was just fired up! It was at least an hour of these non-stop tears before I finally gave her a bath (which always calms her down) and put her jammies on for bed. She hadn't eaten since 4:00 in the afternoon, but she was too upset to eat. After sitting in her room, trying to rock her, and bawling myself, I decided to swaddle her up tight, shut off the light, and pray for her little eyes to close and for sleep to be upon her! Thank you Lord...she fell asleep, and all was quiet again.

I have to admit that I laid awake all night waiting for her to wake up, and the tears to begin again. She woke at about 4:30 am (since it had been 12 hours since she last ate), I fed her, put her back to bed, and tried to enjoy some sleep myself! No more tears! Huh...Let's hope we don't have another evening like that! And to all you parents who've had endless nights like that...God Bless You!

2 comments:

Melody C. Bondurant said...

I never thought my kids getting sick would be so hard. I remember the first few bad colds, I would just cry thinking they would never go away and my baby would be enlessly sick. Of course they never are, but it's so nice when there seems to be an end in sight. Blessings and health on you all.
Melody

Lani said...

UGH! What a rough night!!! NO FUN! Glad to hear it finally ended. We have had a few of those--Tori was borderline colicky in the beginning, but seemed to get past it pretty quick. I was afraid I would end up like my momma: my brother was colicky for FOREVER and she used to have to walk him for hours and hours. *sigh* Like you said: special blessings on the parents of colicky babies. I could never have handled it...