Background

Monday, April 21, 2008

Friends All Around

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this all before, but if I have...bare with me...I'm telling you again!


So...a couple of years ago when Kevin and I moved into our house, we prayed that the Lord bring us some neighbors we really connected with. People with children whom our children could be friends with, and people we had something in common with! Selfish, I know...but something we desperately wanted! Anyways...The house next door was being built, and one nice sunny afternoon we met the new neighbors. A nice young couple Jeff and Joy, with a little girl 6 months older than Kallen (Ellie) and a little boy on the way (River)! We weren't yet pregnant with Kynlee, so we didn't know the age relationship between our 2 youngest...but our eldest would be the best of friends...we were sure of it!


Well...what do you know! Our kids truly have become the best of friends, and we LOVE having them as neighbors!!! We hang out, let the kids play, "shoot the breeze", you know...all that friendly neighbor good stuff! Anyways...our kids have become friends, and as a result...we have become friends as well!!!


Another added bonus is the "mommy time" we have arranged for each of us! On Mondays Joy takes my kids for a couple of hours and on Thursday's I take hers! It's been amazing! I am surprised each Monday how much I can get done in as little as 2 hours. Sometimes I go shopping...(you know...alone...no kids...browsing...enough said) and sometimes I just sit home, read, sew or take a nap!


The kids get along SO well, and they LOVE the time they get together! It's wonderful! Thank you Lord!


So...about that "mommy time"...Last Thursday we brought out Kallen's Elefun game, and they ran in circles around that thing for almost an hour. It was hilarious! If you don't know what "Elefun" is...it's a little elephant air blower that blows little butterflies up it's trunk. The object is for the kids to try and catch the butterflies in their nets as they float around. Great fun, let me tell you!!!






Blessings,

1 comment:

Lani said...

What an awesome arrangement for you guys AND the kiddos! A time for them to get out of their own house for a bit!