Background

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Single Tear...For a Single Bite!

2 hours 56 minutes.

His hand was shaking as the mac and cheese bounced around his fork. The crust on his arm represented the many wipes of tears, snot and drool that streamed down his face. The agonizing realization that if the fork entered his mouth, he had "lost", yet if it didn't...the table would remain his home for all eternity. Closer....closer....closer....in! His head dropped in defeat. "I ate bite mommy, I all done"...cue single tear streaming down his cheek!

Blessings,

3 comments:

Jessica and Joe said...

Such a cute ending to a long afternoon, I bet your happy it's over.

Lani said...

SO FUNNY!!! I love it! Great job holding your own and winning in the end! We don't have that battle very often but now and then it rears its ugly head again. But Andrew quickly realizes the rules haven't changed...

Kim said...

I think we have this moment almost every night. Landen is so not into sitting at the table to eat. He would much rather be doing something else. I have to say "Two more bites" andw e struggle but it gets done, tears and all.