Background

Friday, November 23, 2007

As am I son...As am I

Yesterday was obviously Thanksgiving...so Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Since my family is overseas currently, we celebrated the Holiday with Kevin's family this year.

As a tradition in his family (as I'm sure many other families) we all go around the table and say what we're thankful for. There are affirmations of gratitude towards our loved ones, friends and family, The Lord for blessing us throughout the year, and a few odd thanks from the kiddos, etc. etc.

Well, this year when it came to Kallen's turn, he proclaimed (unprompted mind you) that he was thankful for ma'ma (grandma) and "shotting tarts" (shopping carts)!!! Are you laughing as hard as I was? Now...he most likely said that because the day before he and I had gone shopping at the local grocery store in town, where they have mini shopping carts for the kids. Every time we go in there (which isn't often because of the small town prices) he gets his own cart, and gets to fill it full of the groceries we need! He loves it! Although the "shotting tart" was fresh on his mind...it's so true. I too am thankful for shopping carts. Leave it to kids to think of the things we all take for granted!

4 comments:

Mikaila said...

Hee hee! I love the honesty!! I too, Kallen, am thankful for my grandma and shopping carts.

Mikaila said...

Yeah, the "cheese" smiles get to be a bit much. Kynlee looks cute no matter what! For Kallen, try what I did which is say, "Don't smile... don't smile! Hey, you're smiling!" and get him to laugh. Or tell him to say something other than "cheese" like "your underwear's on fire!" But after 25 pictures and no good ones, it does get a bit old. Good luck!

Jessica and Joe said...

So fun to see into the mind of a child. Kallen is so right, what would we do wothout "shotting tarts?"

Aleah said...

That's pretty cute!
I too am thankful for those carts. :)