Background

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cottage Cheese Anyone?

Okay, so I was totally going to start sharing about my trip, but after the morning I had...I thought I'd share about that instead!!!

Today is the second Tuesday of the month, which for those of you who don't know, means MOPS. We had Dawson today as well, so instead of having Brandy drive all the way out to our house, just to turn back around and head into town, we decided to pick him up instead. Fine, things are going great so far! Kallen woke up at 7:45, drank some milk, played for a little bit, then got dressed for our outing into town! I tried to give him some breakfast, but that was a "no go", so fine, no worries!

Well, here we are, driving into town, just around the corner from Brandy's, when all the sudden ...blahhhhh...Uh, what was that? I turn around and Kallen is throwing up, curdled, chunks of milk. Uh...what do I do now? I'm driving around a corner, turned around watching my son, not able to do anything to help him, and almost losing it myself from the smell and the sight of it all. Then, that precious son of mine blurts out "uh oh...oots (his version of Oops)", while holding out his arm for me to see the nasty cottage cheese looking curds that are looming on his arm. Sorry to be so graphic, but at least you don't have to smell it too...right Brandy!

I got to Brandy's, pulled the car seat (with Kallen still strapped in) out of the car, and went knocking on the door looking for towels, plastic bags, and a gas mask if she had it. No such luck on the gas mask, but Brandy was such a good friend, and helped me change Kallen's clothes, and try to get things a little better cleaned out before I headed to MOPS.

Yes, I went ahead and went to the meeting, but only because I was certain Kallen wasn't really sick. He basically turned into a human milkshake after drinking so much right before we went into town, and his poor little body didn't like it.

The meeting didn't go so well, since Kallen decided to have a major case of "mommy separation anxiety" and never stopped screaming. I ended up sitting down in the nursery with him and all the other little kiddos, and missed the entire meeting. Oh well, what are you going to do? Go home and have cottage cheese and fruit for lunch, right?

3 comments:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

oh no! poor lil' guy! hope that tummy feels better, and hope your car smells better :)

Mikaila said...

GROSS! Poor Kallen... I'm sorry your meeting didn't go so well. I know you were looking forward to that.

Lani said...

Andrew did that once with yogurt when we were headed to the mall...I ended up turning around and heading straight home. The smell was AWFUL. There is really no way to describe it...