Background

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Crying over spilled Spaghettios

Friday night, Kallen and I had a little "run in" at the dinner table. We were a little late getting home after running some errands in town, so I pulled out the quick fix dinner...Kids Cuisine and Hungry Man (TV dinners). Kallen's little meal, had a nice variety of corn, mac 'n cheese, chicken nuggets, and even some fruit snacks for dessert. Great, everything was hunky dorey!

Then the troubles began. It started with the mac 'n cheese, and that's where it ended. After finishing the little section of cheesy yummy noodles, nothing else would satisfy his dinner needs. He proceeded to hold out the tray for me while repeating "more, more, more". Now before I go on, I have to say that Kallen is not a big eater. In fact, some wouldn't consider him an eater at all. When we can get him to eat, it's a happy day in the Albin household, and he was eating!!!

I decided to look in the fridge, and see what I could find in the way of "more". Huh...Spaghettios...kind of the same family, right. Wrong according to Kallen. I warmed up the left over Spaghettios and put them on his plate. Not two seconds later, those same Spaghettios were upside down on the nice new carpet.

Oh, I don't think so little man. We immediately got down from the table, and those same little hands that purposefully threw their food on the floor, were going to help pick it up. We dabbed, and dabbed until most of the sauce had been cleaned up...then out came the trusty "Little Green" carpet shampooer.

Kallen was forced to sit and watch mommy suck up the mess, then had to help himself.


Notice the blanket in the background...Kallen realized he was in trouble, and brought over his security blanket as a "peace offering" to his mommy. Nice try kiddo. Hopefully using the shampooer wasn't so much fun he thinks he ought to throw all his meals on the floor!

5 comments:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

Oh Kallen...:) What great mommy skills...I think it's great that he had to help clean it up. Our little kiddos sure can turn it on and off quickly, can't they!

Lani said...

I'm so glad to hear we aren't the only ones who have a child who refuses to eat certain things and throws things on the floor. :) Also glad to hear I'm not the only "mean" mommy who makes my kiddo clean up when he makes a mess.

Mikaila said...

Lani and Kati, you have it figured out!

Amy... said...

I've tried to have Parker help me clean up the mess but he thinks it is fun and laughs the whole time. We have to have other forms of discipline:) Glad it works for Kallen!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh yes, we have those moments too. =) I'm sorry you had such a mess to clean up but at least you know you're doing your best to help him understand consquences. Poor guy! We've been counting to three, and it's so hard to not laugh when Devyn finishes counting for us! =)