Background

Monday, April 23, 2007

Mommy Talk Monday!!!


This weeks question is:

How did you tell your spouse/sig. other you were pregnant?
Was he happy, surprised, upset, worried, etc?
How did you feel?

Kallen (found out St. Patties Day...March 17, 2005).

Kevin and I were not "trying", but we weren't "preventing" either. I know...everyone tells us that "not preventing" is the same as "trying". We're not convinced. Anyways...Our idea was when it happens, it happens. On that note:

When Kevin and I got married we made a wish list. We wanted to buy a house, a truck, a camper or trailer and a ski boat before we had kids. We felt that if we waited to get the "toys" until we had kids, it may never happen. I know, materialistic, but remember...it was a WISH list. Well, the Lord blessed us with our house, our truck, our camper, and on March 17th 2005 our boat. Hold on...I'm getting to the answer.

I had been feeling "funny" for a few days, but I hadn't mentioned anything to Kevin...just in case it was nothing. On the day that we brought the boat home (ironically the last thing on our "wish" list), I got home before him, and quickly ran in to take a pregnancy test. 1 minute...2 minutes...3 minutes...POSITIVE...I was pregnant. I was going to plan this big surprise to tell Kevin, but I just couldn't wait. I laid the test on his pillow and waited. When he saw the little stick lying there from a distance, he just smiled and said "ha ha...very funny". I obviously wasn't laughing, so he just looked at me and said "really...what?...We're going to have a baby", and immediately took me in his arms, gave me a great big kiss, and asked me if I was okay, or if I needed anything! We were both ecstatic!

Baby #2 (found out November 6th, 2006)

Same scenario as with Kallen...Not "trying", but not "preventing". When Kallen turned 9 months, we decided to stop taking birth control, and see when the Lord blessed us with another little one!

Two months later I was feeling really weird. I was having lots of cramping and abdominal pain and was rather concerned. I told Kevin because if I wasn't pregnant, than something was seriously wrong. We took the test together, and held hands the LONG three minutes Hoping and praying it was positive, so we could rule out something more serious! It was! Baby number two was on his/her way!

Obviously we were both thrilled! We couldn't wait for Kallen to wear the "I'm going to be a big brother" T-shirt at his birthday party to tell the rest of the family!

2 comments:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

What a fun story! I love your husbands reaction! How sweet! Can't wait to see if Kallen will have a brother or a sister!

Aleah said...

I think the same way...trying seems more like calculating, and knowing when to. The other is more of a whatever if it's ment to be it'll happen!

Great stories!