Background

Monday, April 30, 2007

Mommy Talk Monday


This weeks question is:

Describe your pregnancy...cravings, sickness, etc.

Kallen

I think I have to admit that I was probably the luckiest pregnant lady ever. I had no sickness or cravings of any kind. My body felt like "my body", and I LOVED every minute of being pregnant. Half the time I forgot I was pregnant...that was until the large growth that was protruding from my belly, ran into a wall, or didn't squeeze between something the way it used to. Anyways, I had no real complaints to speak of!

Baby #2
Not so much love this time around!!! I have definitely enjoyed being pregnant...I love the stretchy waist pants that you don't have to unzip to use the potty, the fact that I get to feel bloated after I eat something, and I don't have to try and hide it, the kicks and rolls that happen during baby #2's time at the gym each day (maybe he or she is a gymnast), know that God has blessed me with not only one, but two babies, etc, etc., but I haven't enjoyed how I'm feeling now that I'm in the third trimester. For the most part, the first 26 weeks were a-okay. Very similar to my pregnancy with Kallen...no sickness, cravings, weird pains, etc.

Now, it's a totally different story. As I've mentioned before, I have the most severe heartburn I've ever experienced, and now I'm dealing with lots of hip and pelvic pain and pressure. The doctor says things are just moving around, and making room for the baby, but I'm pretty sure my body isn't enjoying what this little kiddo is doing on the inside. Getting up in the morning takes several minutes, and lots of grunts and groans to get my body in a position where it actually wants to hold my weight and allow me to stand up. Oh well...only 10 more weeks right!!!

I feel blessed to be able to carry children at all, and these aches and pains I'm experiencing aren't changing my mind about having more children...now lets just see if I can talk my husband into it! No rushing of course...let's just get through this pregnancy first before we start talking about the next!

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

First of all, I just LOVE the pictures listed above. You definitely have a little boy on your hands! =)

Secondly, I LOVE being pregnant too. Despite the horrendous aches and pains. On the day of Hudson's birth, I actually begged God to have mercy on my body. =) But I still want more, definitely one more but maybe even two.

Hang in there.... You're almost done and you get to hold that little one in your arms!!

Lani said...

Oh man do I hear ya on the aches and pains of pregnancy the second time around...my body screams at me every morning when I try to get out of bed! :) And by the time I put myself to bed, my body is begging for a break. *sigh* But you are right--we are very blessed to carry and have our children. But no more for me! Two is enough. For now. Then if we want more, we'll adopt. :) Hee-hee!