Background

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mommy Talk Monday


This weeks question:

Did you find out the sex of your baby? Why or why not? honest...did you have what you were hoping for?(if you want, you can include ultrasound photos :))

We were surprised with both pregnancies, and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

With Kallen, my husband really wanted to find out, but when it came down to the ultrasound, I changed his mind! After we had Kallen, and Kevin was able to announce to me that we had a little boy...(The sex we were both hoping for!) He was so thankful that we had waited! The anticipation and surprise was such a wonderful feeling to share together.

This time around, I left the decision up to Kevin. If he wanted to find out, I was okay with that...though I was hoping he would say no! He did. He said the surprise was worth the wait with Kallen, and he wanted that same feeling with this one. So here we are waiting to find out if we have a new baby boy, or a new baby girl! People always ask me what we hope to have, and I can honestly say we don't have a preference. It would be fun for Kallen to grow up with a little brother, but I also think the realationship between a big brother and little sister is too precious! No preferences here...honest!

I will admit that not finding out the first time, was a lot harder than not knowing this time. I'm sure it's because we already have a little one, and he's helping keep our mind off the unknown, but either way...I'm anxiously waiting his brother or sister's arrival!

2 comments:

Jann said...

I agree that not finding out is easier the second time. It's not that you aren't excited, it's just that you have another baby to fill your days with. With Em, I was obsessed to find out the sex. With Maddie, it crossed my mind, but not to the same degree! lol

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Jon and I have decided that we're NOT going to find out what we're having with the third. It'll be SO hard for me too because I am such a planner. But I just want to experience, "It's a..." once.

I can't wait to find out if you have a little boy or a little girl in there!!