Background

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sunscreen...Who Needs it?

This morning I met my mom & Aunt at a local nursery to pick up some flowers for the house, and our plumbing shop. The weather report said it was going to be a bright and sunny day, and I definitely wanted to take advantage of it! We haven't been able to do anything in the yard since we moved in, due to our lovely Oregon weather, and I couldn't wait any longer!

I started planting the Petunia's around noon, and finally finished up around 4:00...Chasing Kallen around, and trying to keep him out of the street, makes planting flowers quite the challenge!

Anyways...I remembered to put sunscreen on the little man, but neglected to lather myself up as well. With my back to the sun all afternoon, and my pregnant belly helping create a gap between my shorts and top, my nice olive skin, became nice scarlet skin!!! I'm not one who generally burns in the sun, but today was different. The backs of my arms, my necks, and my lower back are a nice shade of red! The itching and burning that has already began to creep in, is a great addition to the aching back and muscles brought on by all the gardening!

Maybe I'll remember the sunscreen next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are lucky that you don't normally burn! i look at the sun and burn!

i am still getting over a nasty nasty burn on my shoulders, and back/neck from last weekend. i forget that the sun is stronger here (it was 94 an all) but we weren't out in the sun that much really!

all i can say is go get yourself some aloe if you don't already have some and good luck!!

Mikaila said...

You poor thing! Kevin needs to cater to his pregnant wife and give you aloe massages. =)

Kim said...

I can SO relate to this. Probably regardless of you putting sunscreen on or not you would've gotten burnt. There is something with the hormones of being pregnant you get burnt So incredibly easily (well that's what my o.b. told me, cuz I was out canoeing one day, and that night I could hardly move anything I was so incredibly red it was ridiculous, and like I said my OB said it's b/c I was pregnant) Aloe, aloe, aloe! Hope your skin feels better soon.

Aleah said...

I did the same thing last summer. Ouch, that hurts! I did have a stripe of white where I had itched my shoulder after putting sunscreen on the kids though! Hope yours feels better by now!