Background

Monday, May 21, 2007

Mommy Talk Monday


This weeks question:

Baby Names on your list...What name did you chose, and why?

Oh the name question! This is one we get a lot, especially now that we're so close to baby number two! Along with the surprise of not knowing our babies sex, we also like to surprise our family and friends with the names we've decided on. Nobody knows our "list" until little baby Albin boy, or girl makes their appearance known!

That being said...I can divulge our sons list since we're not going to use any of the names we were thinking about for him for this next baby! With my son, we came up with 3 boy names, and 3 girl names that we both agreed on...then the plan was for my husband to pick the name according to what "fit" once we saw him or her.

Our list:
BOYS

Archie Tanner (calling him Tanner): Kevin was very close to his grandpa...Edwin Archie...before he passed away, and we thought it would be fun to honor him, and that relationship with the name Archie. Tanner we really liked, and it flowed really well with Archie.

Kevin Lee, Jr.: Kevin really liked the idea of having a namesake, and for me it was a very familiar concept! My great-grandfather, grandfather, dad, and brother are all Theodore James, and it's a really fun dynamic to add to the family!

and finally:

Kallen James...The name we of course chose: Kevin and I both start with K's, so having all "K" babies, was an option! His dad's middle name is Allen, so the K in front makes Kallen...and I just mentioned my dad's middle name is James, so he's Kallen James named after both grandpas!

GIRLS
Paityn Mackenzie: We weren't sure on the Paityn spelling because I wanted something that was feminine, and Kevin liked Peyton, which seemed more boyish to me. This name we simply both really liked.

Kellie Lynn: Throughout Kevin's mom's pregnancy with him, she was told he was going to be a girl (pre ultrasound), so Kellie Lynn was the name they had picked out. Lynn is his mom's middle name, and how fun to name our little girl the name that her daddy was supposed to be named.

Kaylee Rose: Once again, Kevin and I are both K's...Lee is his middle name, and Rose is mine and my mom's middle name, so Kaylee Rose it was!

With baby #2, we're not divulging our list once again, which is a good thing since we really don't have a list yet! We haven't agreed on names is the problem, and my husband refuses to talk with me about it! He says I keep turning down all the names he likes, so therefore we'll just have to wait until the baby is born to decide! Um no...we will have options before I go into that delivery room...mark my words!

I will tell you all that baby number two will start with a "K", so that helps a little! Any ideas...we're all up for input! Just know that I'm not for "popular" names...I like unique names you don't hear that often. (I was 1 of 5 Kati's in my second grade class, and I vowed never to do that to my children)! We'll see in 7 +/- weeks who this little one turns out to be!!!

9 comments:

Amy... said...

Can't wait to hear what you have growing inside of you. You also seem like you'd be a great mom to all boys...we shall see. Isn't it crazy that Aubree will find out today...and her baby is so much smaller than yours now:)

Melissa said...

How fun that you are in the midst of this right now! I love chosing names. I wish I had another one to chose for!

Aleah said...

Can't wait to hear what name you do choose when the baby's born! I don't know if I have any K names but feel free to take a look at my lists!
I love Kallen's name - I think I already told you that though!

Sue said...

I love your son's name and Kaylee is so pretty. Good luck with the name of #2. It will be fun to find out what you pick.

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like the names on your list, and I can't wait to hear what you are having.

Mikaila said...

I've always loved the name Peyton, too. (And yes, Kevin's spelling.) =)
Hmm... K names... Kendra is good. =) hehe
Here's one I found on a website... Kakawangwa. It means bitter. Who would name their kid that??

Anonymous said...

i am of the same philosophy, though i don't mind telling names we are interested in but i don't want to name him until we see his little face. Graham feels the same way, yet he has a name picked out! so i guess we will go into it with that name and if it doesn't fit then we will have our little back up list!

i'm drawing a blank on cute/unique K girl names...all i've got is Kira..

have fun finding names!

Homegrown Tribe said...

I love the name Kallen. I have 3 different friends with all K names in their family... so here's a few ideas. :)

Kylee, Kaden, Kason, Kym, Kurt, Kajsa, Kai, Kya & Kole.

Brittany