Background

Monday, May 7, 2007

Mommy Talk Monday


This weeks question is:

How much weight did you gain (w/ picture...are you brave enough:) )
and what did you like MOST about pregnancy?
What did you like the LEAST?

Kallen (1st pregnancy)
With Kallen I gained about 20 pounds. Yup...only 20, and I was quite excited about that. When I went in for my first appointment, the doctor told me I "had a little extra (weight) to begin with"...I know, I know, so she only wanted me to gain between 20 & 25 pounds. I was a good little patient and did as the doctor ordered!

As I mentioned before, I LOVED being pregnant, but the thing I probably loved most, was the attention. I loved people looking at me and knowing that in a few months, weeks, days, I was going to be a mommy! It was the greatest feeling! The thing I liked least, if I had to pick something, was Kallen's head in my ribs. Now most people whose babies are in the correct head down position complain about kicking up in the ribs...but because Kallen was breech, I had a big round head shoved up in my ribs, that never moved. Oh well, it was worth it!

Baby #2
Who knows how much weight I'll gain this time, but it's sure going to be more than the handy dandy 20 lbs I gained last time. I'm at 30 weeks, and I'm at about 18 lbs...so if I gain the estimated pound a week from this point on, I'll be at 28 or 30 lbs. Still not bad I guess...no complaints!

The thing I like most so far this time around, is all the movement. Kallen hardly ever moved (maybe once a day just to remind me he was there), but this baby moves ALL the time. My belly is constantly morphing into all different positions, and I love it!!! The thing I like least is definitely the heartburn, and the exhaustion. Carrying a baby is tiring enough, but chasing an 18 month old is exhausting!!! You'll be worth it too baby!!!

6 comments:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

I had a little extra weight to begin with both times...so nice how that happens! You sure do have a cutie patootie belly!

Lani said...

You look fantastic! Yay for baby bellies! I gained a whopping 45 pounds with Andrew and I'm not entirely sure where I'm at on this one. I think about 25-30 but who knows for sure! I'll have to ask at my appointment this afternoon. :)

Jann said...

My first was breech as well (I ended up having a C-section) and I remember the head in the ribs thing!

Congrats on your current pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

i really think this one is a girl since its so different than the 1 st pregnancy. though my gut says both. hmmm.

i'm curious to how much i gain. i too had/have some extra starting out. luckily being sick i lost a bunch! now i hope that i don't go above what i started at!

my cousin is 28 weeks and up 30 lbs! though she had Nothing to start with, a 6 foot twig, she needed the meat!

yay tummy!

Aleah said...

I know how it goes with keeping up with another kid while pregnant. But it makes it go by faster!
Cute pictures!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

What a beautiful pregnant woman you are!! =) I just love looking at belly pics! Both of my kiddos moved a TON while in-utero. I have no idea what its like to have a quiet baby... =) You look amazing!