Background

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's a first!


Yesterday morning, Kallen decided to wake up at 6:30...a rare thing compared to his usual 7:30 or 8:00. Well, every morning, no matter what time he's up, he's ready for a nap 2 hours after he wakes. Generally it's around 10:00! Since he was up at 6:30, he was ready for a nap at 8:30, so that's what we did. Well...all that means, is the afternoon nap adjusts a few hours also. Okay, fine, no big deal! We're going through our day like usual, playing here and there, reading, picking up the house, etc, etc. We even went into town to run a few errands. I pay pretty close attention to the clock throughout the day because the little guy needs his naps, and needs them pretty close to the same time every day. Well...that's where my mind was...the same time as usual...only it should have been an hour or so earlier.

You may think that an hour or two wouldn't make much difference, but for a kiddo who needs his sleep, and is pretty set in a routine, it makes all the difference. Anyways...here's the point...I was in the kitchen baking cookies, and Kallen was in the living room playing with his toys. Well, I began to realize the he was winding down and probably ready for a nap, but I couldn't resist letting him go a little longer. He had climbed up on the couch, cuddled in some blankets, and rested his head on a pillow. I thought surely he wont fall asleep, but in the back of my mind I was really wondering...so I let him. It was the cutest thing. He was all curled up on the couch, with his head on a pillow, "sawing logs" (the poor guy is stuffed up, so he kind of snores when he sleeps right now!)

Of course I had to get the camera and take pictures of our first time falling asleep on the couch. I took some pictures then decided it was probably best to move him to his crib. Well, that's where I messed up. I laid him down, no big deal...not a peep out of him, but I forgot to shut off his little birdie mobile thing that goes off when you bump it. Sure enough, Kallen rolled over, hitting the birdie thing, making it sing and play it's light show. Well...that was it. He was up, and there was no putting him back down. The 5 minute power nap was all he needed to be off and running again.

Lesson learned...Staging the photo ops, isn't always the best idea! Oh well, one less nap wont hurt the kid!

1 comment:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

your son is adorable! Stop by sometime
http://mysweetlittlefamily.blogspot.com