Background

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Play Doh!!!

My friend Lani recently asked me if Kallen was into Play doh, being that it's her son Andrew's favorite activity!!! Well, quite frankly we'd never tried Play Doh. Not sure why, just something I hadn't thought about...her asking however, made me think we ought to!

So here we are, it's Saturday afternoon, Kevin is helping some friends re-pipe their house, and Kallen's getting antsy from being in the house all day! What to do, What to do? Let's make play doh!!! I went to the trusty Internet and got a recipe for Koolaid Play Doh (my friend Laura made it with her girls one day while I was there, and thought it would be a fun alternative to plain ol' boring homemade Play Doh). Anyways, I got the recipe, got out the ingredients, and Kallen and I started mixing:

1 cup Flour
1/2 cup salt
1 pkg. Koolaid

(mix that all together, then add...)

3 tbsp oil
1 cup boiling water

(mix together, and knead until it forms a ball)

Voila...Play Doh!!!

Kallen helped me measure and stir until it came to the boiling water part...I didn't think that would be such a good idea! I kneaded the ball into some flour until it was what I thought was a good consistency, but Kallen wasn't diggin' the wait. He was getting all kinds of anxious waiting to see what this concoction he had helped create was going to be!

We were finally done, and I sat Kallen at the table to play with his creation, and he loved it!!! Since it was made from Koolaid, it smelled nice and fruity, and at first all Kallen wanted to do was eat it! No harm no fowl with this kind of dough, but I'm sure it didn't taste very good! After spending some time showing him how to play with it, and mash it all around, he quickly caught on, and had a great time. Such a good time in fact, that he wouldn't look up to get his picture taken. I tried all the different things I could to get him to smile at me, but to no avail...the Play Doh was too much fun!

Thanks Lani and Andrew for the great idea!!!

1 comment:

Lani said...

So fun!!! I'm glad he loves it! Seriously...Andrew can play with that stuff for hours--it's so great to watch him be creative! :) How fun!