Background

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Man or Monkey?

Kevin and I are back to the painting thing...okay really, I am. Kevin says he wants nothing to do with it. We're painting a wall in the living room, our Master Bath (finally), and the babies room!

Anyways...It's kind of been an ongoing process, especially with Kallen around. I've taped, caulked (to get a straight line...the best technique ever), and painted when I get a free moment. Well, the ladder has just been hanging around so when I need it, I can just grab it!

A few nights ago, I was standing on the top of the ladder (don't tell Workman's Comp...safety first you know!) taping the ceiling, when I look down, and there is Kallen standing on the 4th rung, making his way to the fifth...uh....Kevin...can you maybe come get your son! Now stairs, I can understand the little man climbing up, but a ladder...what's the deal? The rungs are too far apart to climb while standing for him, so he has to pull himself up with his arms, use his knees, then stand and move onto the next step.

I thought we were raising a little boy, but the more and more I watch him around the house, I think he might actually be a monkey. If I had a tree growing in the middle of the house (which might actually be kind of cool...you know, nice and natural like), I think we'd find him continually climbing it unassisted, and jumping branch to branch!

Okay fine...the ladder goes back in the garage when not in use. How would I explain that one to the doctor when he came in needing a body cast?

1 comment:

Lani said...

Both our boys are monkies! I'm convinced! Your monkey climbs the ladder and mine climbs the chain-link fence when we're at track practice. He's almost "escaped" the track area two or three times thanks to his climbing skills. *sigh* Sometimes it's just way too much fun to handle! :)