Background

Thursday, March 1, 2007

It's a.....

Baby!!! We had our ultrasound yesterday and found out we are having ONE baby boy or girl, not two! Sorry to all those of you who swore up and down I was having twins. No such luck for you! Oh...and we didn't give in. The sex of our little bundle of joy is still going to be a surprise on the day he or she arrives in our lives! You will all find out the second...okay maybe a few hours after we find out!

It never stops to amaze me what a miracle and a blessing little babies are. When I was lying there on the table with this little hand held joystick being maneuvered all over my tummy and our little baby was appearing on the screen for us to see, the emotions were overwhelming. This little breathing life is growing inside of me, and will soon emerge into this world...a little of Kevin, and little of me, whom we will hopefully nurture into a God loving man or woman, and teach the ins and outs of life. Wow...what a responsibility.

For those of you who have never had the opportunity to see a baby in the womb via ultrasound...I am sorry. It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen! Our little babe was lying there, heart pumping, legs and arms a-flailin', and head nodding, in it's nice cosy environment. In fact...The baby was so content in it's little environment that the ultrasound technician had a hard time getting any profile shots. She would talk to the baby and say..."okay little one, I just need you to lift your head a bit" and sure enough...on cue...the baby would nod it's head "no". Then we finally got a good view of the face, and baby immediately covered it's face with it's arms. Fine...don't cooperate. Oh well...we got one good shot, and I thought I would share it with you all! (It's the same scan...I just thought I'd rotate it so you can see the profile a little easier. If you look to the left of the picture, or the top depending on which one you're looking at...you can see the babies arm trying to cover it's face!)









3 comments:

Lani said...

It's pretty stinkin' amazing, isn't it??? Glad to hear everything is healthy and can't wait to find out what that little one is! I am so impatient--we never would have lasted. I HAD to know. :) Glad to hear there's only one in there, too. They thought I was having twins--WHEW! Can't imagine trying to figure that one out! We would moving back to the valley for sure! I would need all sorts of help from family & friends! Hope things continue going well! Loved seeing the pictures! :)

Mikaila said...

Congratulations!!! Too exciting. =)

Amy... said...

Good for you guys for not finding out! I felt like it was harder the 2nd time around...not sure why. I'm excited for you guys! I'll be sure to check in on you here on your blog to see how you are doing. Hope you are feeling well and enjoying those kicks and punches:) ~Amy