Background

Monday, January 15, 2007

Pants, shirts and REALLY good sales!

What more can you say about Old Navy? I love that store...especially when they're having sales that you just can't pass up. Let me tell you about the nice little shopping trip I had there on Friday! So as anyone knows whose ever been inside an Old Navy store...they always have racks of clearance items. Now sometimes these items are a few dollars off the original price, and sometimes they're half off. Well this last weekend, that wonderful store was having their additional 50% off clearance sale. Let me just explain what that means! The items that were already marked down at least 50% were an additional 50% off. What...whose kidding? Here's an example. Kevin has this old 1980's black leather jacket that he wears with absolutely everything nice he owns. When we get dressed up and go out to dinner...out comes the jacket...Going for a date night...out comes the jacket. Anytime he's in anything other than carharts and a sweatshirt (which isn't very often mind you), that blasted puffy, faded, falling off because it's too big, 1980's, wanna be cool, leather jacket makes it's way out of the closet. Well...I thought it was about time to retire that ol' thing, so lucky me, Old Navy had the perfect replacement! They had this great black dress jacket at a price I couldn't resist. Regular price $58.00 (good price, but not willing to pay that), on sale for $19.99 (great price, but still not to sure), additional 50% off clearance price $10.00 (Awesome price, and she's sold!!!) Okay, in all fairness to Kevin and his favorite leather jacket...I should let it have a cameo appearance! Here she is...his pride & Joy!
And the new one...
Much cuter wouldn't you say. Yeah, so maybe not on a hanger, but trust me when I say the new one is much more stylish and a great replacement to the old one!!!

Aside from the great deal on the jacket, I got shirts, pants, and even a sweatshirt or two for Kallen for prices you wouldn't imagine. I totaled up the original prices and came up with $244.50 ahhhhh...but wait. My total bill came to $50 and some change...plus I had a $16.00 off coupon thing which means I only spent $34.ish on $244.50 worth of clothing. That's a ridiculously good sale if you ask me. Yeah, and you're right...I definitely wouldn't have bought all that stuff at the regular price, but still isn't it fun to see the savings! Who buys anything at full price anyways??? Good ol' Old Navy!

No comments: