Background

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

When seconds turn to minutes

I just need to take a minute to say how wonderful Kevin is! He's a great friend, a loving husband and most importantly THE BEST daddy!!! My heart breaks each and every day for the guy however, because he doesn't get to spend nearly as much time being the best daddy as he would like to. He's up and out of the house before Kallen wakes up in the morning, and generally home for only a few hours before he goes to bed at night. Well, in those few hours that Kallen and Kevin have "daddy, son time" I get to see so much love and joy in both of their faces!


Sometimes in the evening Kallen seems to think he needs only me, especially when I'm cooking dinner. This never seems to phase Kevin and instead, he does all he can to take Kallen out of the situation, and keep him entertained! Thanks hun! Anyways, last night nothing was working for Kallen. He wanted to be with me, and me only...until, Kevin pulled out the big guns...the marble works! Kallen has played with the marble works towers several times, but we've never used the marbles with it, and quite frankly I wasn't sure how interested he would be in it. I was expecting Kallen to give a minute or two of attention, but never anticipated the 45 minutes of gut wrenching laughs and high fives!


1 comment:

Mikaila said...

Yay for daddies who can save the day! :)